1. In order to rent a car from any category, the client should be at least 21 years old when he is a credit card holder, whereas the minimum age required for clients paying in cash is 23 years old.
2. For delivery and collection out of office hours (08.00 - 21.00) there is an extra charge.
Please contact us on 0030 2310 527 888.
3. The driver must hold a valid driving license issued at least one year before the rental commencement.
4. Non - EU customers must have an International driving lisence.
5. Payment is realized on delivery of the car to the client.
6. Car insurance includes the following coverings:
- Death and bodily injury of all other passengers of the car, besides the driver, and against third parties up to an amount of 1.000.000€
- Material damage against third parties up to an amount of 1.000.000€
- Legal assistance in the amount of 10.000 €
- Material damage from uninsured vehicle in the amount of 6,000 €
- Personal driver accident and death, and as the average of amount € 15,000
- Damages caused to the vehicle inside ferries
7. The renter’s legal liability for any damage caused to the car may be reduced to 500 €, with an additional charge of 5 € per rental day.
8. The renter is exempt from theft liability with an additional charge of 2 € per rental day.
9. By no means is the driver insured against any damages caused to the lower part of the car or to the vehicle’s wheels. In addition to the prior, no insurance coverings are legally applicable in case the car driver is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinogens, drugs, barbiturates or any other substance.
10. On delivery of the car, it is the renter’s responsibility to examine it and agree that the vehicle is in an overall perfect condition and proper for the use and the purpose for which the car is rented. It is equally the renter’s obligation to return to the lessor company the car along with all official documents, tools and accompanying accessories in the exact same condition in which they were delivered to him, and in the time and location specified in the rental contract. In an opposite case and after the lapse of the agreed date and time of the car collection, the renter is under the obligation to pay to the lessor company the amount corresponding to compensation for use of the car.
11. The lessor company reserves the right to recapture possession and use of the rental car at any time with no previous warning and without the renter’s consent, but at his expenses, from whatever location and by whatever means, in case in the company’s judgement there is potential risk of damage or loss of the car, as well as a risk of not collecting compensation for use and every other compensation owed to the lessor company.
12. It is the renter’s obligation to look after the car, to maintain the car in good condition, to check its mechanical condition, oil level and water level, the tyres of the car, etc., and, in general, to ensure the safe drive of the car. No repairs of the car may be realized by either the renter or third parties without the lessor company’s prior authorization.
13. Taking the car across Greek borders, as well as ferrying the car or transporting it by train or other means of transport is forbidden without the lessor company’s prior written authorization.
14. The renter will bear exclusively and in full the expenses of traffic fines or any other administrative contravention.
15. It is prohibited to use the car for transporting people or property for hire.
16. It is prohibited to use the car for taking in tow or hauling cars or other material.
17. It is prohibited to use the car for participating, running or following any kind of racing activities.
18. It is prohibited to sublease the car to third parties.
19. It is prohibited to use the car in any purpose that is against the laws of the Greek Republic.
20. It is prohibited to use the car in case either the renter or the additional driver of the car is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinogens, drugs, barbiturates or any other substance.
21. It is prohibited to use the car in any way that constitutes a violation of any customs, traffic or other regulations and insurance contracts.
22. No third person may use or drive the car besides the renter and any additional driver for whom the renter has accepted the daily charge for additional drivers as specified in the lessor company’s official pricelist.
23. It is prohibited to use the car for carrying, transporting of moving away heavy luggage, flammable materials, grimy or malodorous material, drugs, etc.
24. It is prohibited to use the car for conducting illegal transportation of Greek or foreign citizens or performing illegal acts.
25. Should the renter wish to prolong the rental of the car, in case the rental is over one day, it is his obligation to notify in writing the lessor company at least twenty-four (24) hours before the termination of the rental agreement, in order to receive the respective written authorization. In case of neglect to notify the company, the renter bears civil and penal liability for illegal use and deforcement (illegal withholding) of the car. In case of a prolongation, the renter is bound by the terms and conditions not only of the initial rental agreement, but also of those included in the rental prolongation agreement, whether it is about the same car or another car that was delivered to him as a replacement car.
26. During the rental period, all additional drivers are jointly and severally liable with the renter.
27. Likewise, in case the rental agreement is signed by any representative of the renter, he will be jointly and severally liable with the renter.
28. The rental agreement supersedes any prior written or verbal agreement between the lessor company and the renter.
29. Any modification of the terms and conditions agreed in the rental contract is null and void, unless agreed in writing.
30. The present rental agreement is subject to the Greek Legislation, thus any dispute or disagreement that may arise from it between the lessor company and the renter will be under the exclusive competence of Thessaloniki Court
31. The ammount of collateral that needs to be deposit at the start of the lease is defined as :
a) Categories City , Economy and Standard: 200 €
b) Categories Intermediate and Family : 300 €
c) All vehicles with an automatic gearbox irrespective of category : 300 €
32. Free of Charge for Cancellations made 48 hours before the rental start date.
Cancellations MUST be made in writing, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to +30 2310552952, or by phone at: + 30 2310 527888 and will take effect from the date and time received by Poseidon Car Rentals.